CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

it's adios, reality.

Time has a wonderful way of showing us what really matters.

~Margaret Peters

Choose a few things that have happened in your life where time has shown you what really matters. In your journal, record one or two of these, paying particular attention to what it was about the event or situation that really made “what really matters” crystal clear. Also, include smaller details such as whether you had the revelation about what really matters immediately or if it was only on further contemplation.

*


  • Living in the moment
So long in my life have I lived in the past or the future, but never in the present. When I was in today, I was remembering yesterday, and wishing I still had it. If yesterday was horrible, I was hoping for tomorrow. When my mom died, I was too busy living in the past; remembering when I was a child, missing our apartment, everything we used to live in. The truth is, what I've missed most in my life have been horrible, horrible things. None of this really occurred to me a while ago, until it suddenly all came crashing down on me. I was so depressed for a while, because I'd moved from a place that generally made me feel like shit. I hadn't made the most of what I'd had, living with Don and my mom. The funny thing is, when I was living in my apartment, I was looking forward to the future - when I would live with my mom and Don. I believed that I could somehow change my life by missing these things. Now I realize, even though I miss living with Don and I know I should have made so much more of it, I will never make out of life what I can without just being me, here, right now. Sometimes it's hard; all I want to do is hide myself under covers and think about the past, the times I took for granted, and pretend I have them back. Or I can dream about the future, where none of this will even cross my mind and my life will be fine.

Life will never be fine, but it can be better.

0 comments: